The Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand is a company limited by guarantee established to improve the knowledge and understanding of lung disease, to prevent respiratory illness through research and health promotion, and improving health care for people with respiratory disorders.
To achieve these aims, the Society promotes the:
- highest quality and standards of patient care
- development and application of knowledge about respiration and respiratory disease
- collaboration between all national organisations whose objects are to improve the well being of individuals with lung disease and to promote better lung health for the community
- professional needs of the membership
- goal of a tobacco smoke free society.