"We lead, support and enable all health workers and researchers to prevent, cure and relieve disability from lung disease."
The Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ) is the only health peak body representing a range of professions (medical specialists, scientists, researchers, academics, nurses, physiotherapists, students and others) across various disciplines within the respiratory/sleep medicine field in Australia and New Zealand. The TSANZ is a Health Promotion Charity.
TSANZ is committed to serving the professional needs of its members by improving knowledge and understanding of lung disease, with the ultimate goals being to prevent respiratory illness through research and health promotion and to improve health care for people with respiratory illness.
TSANZ promotes the:
- highest quality and standards of patient care
- development and application of knowledge about respiration and respiratory disease
- collaboration between all national organisations whose objectives are to improve the well-being of individuals with lung disease and to promote better lung health for the community
- professional needs of the membership
- goal of a tobacco smoke free society
TSANZ is professional membership association, it does not provide referral to medical specialists or advice to patients.
TSANZ Strategic Plan 2017-2021
The Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand Limited is a company limited by guarantee and governed by the rules stipulated in its Constitution.
TSANZ Annual Report
If you wish to obtain a prior year Annual Report please click here.