Call for Expression of Interest: TSANZ Sub-Committees Membership
The TSANZ Sub-Committees welcome Expressions of Interest (EOI) for new membership. Sub-Committees seeking new members include:
- Professional Standards Sub-Committee (PSS)
- Clinical Care and Resources Sub-Committee (CCRS)
The roles and responsibilities for each Sub-Committee are outlined below for applicants’ information.
Each member of a Sub-Committee shall hold office for a term of two (2) years, but shall be eligible for re-appointment for a further term of two (2) years.
Members of all membership categories (Ordinary, Associate and Student) who are current in their membership fees may nominate themselves for a position in the Sub-Committee.
Appointment to a position on a Sub-Committee is subject to Board approval.
Application for Expression of Interest
All applications are to be submitted through the online system on the TSANZ website and shall consist of a current Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a brief description of your reason/s for wishing to join the Sub-Committee and how you may contribute.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Professional Standards Sub-Committee (PSS) is responsible for: review the standards of respiratory health care and practice as delivered in Australia and New Zealand and advise the Board of strategies and actions needed to maintain or enhance these standards. Please refer to the Terms of Reference (see below) for full details.
Members of PSS must be prepared to:
- Participate in PSS teleconference meetings; frequency differs from time to time but at least three meetings annually. One of the meetings will be face-to-face at the ASM (teleconferencing available);
- Respond to emails from the TSANZ Office for comment or consultation, occasionally on short notice.
The Clinical Care and Resources Sub-Committee (CCRS) oversees the development of Guidelines and Position Papers for the TSANZ. Membership of the CCRS provides a unique opportunity to gain skills in guideline development, review of external guidelines and position papers, and knowledge translation. Please refer to the Terms of Reference (see below) for full details.
Members of CCRS must be prepared to:
- Participate in CCRS video conference meetings; frequency differs from time to time but at least at a frequency of two meetings within 12 months. One of the meetings will be at the ASM (teleconferencing available);
- Receive and respond to a high volume of emails coordinated through the TSANZ Office, requesting review of guidelines and position papers, occasionally on short notice.
Terms of Reference: Professional Standards Sub-committee [PDF]
Terms of Reference: Clinical Care and Resources Sub-Committee [PDF]