Fellow of Thoracic Society Australia New Zealand
Now receiving applications - closing date: Thursday 24th November 2016
The TSANZ Board will make an annual call for nominations for members to be awarded Fellow status. The call for nominations is restricted to members from all professions who demonstrate exceptional contribution to the field of respiratory health in Australia or New Zealand. If the Fellow status is approved, the member will be able to use the post nominal FThorSoc and will be able to continue to do so whilst a financial member of TSANZ.
The main aims of the Fellow status are:
1. To recognise expertise and experience in respiratory medicine and/or research and/or respiratory health service provision.
2. To acknowledge a major contribution and commitment to advancing respiratory health in Australia and/ or New Zealand.
Requirements for Awarding of FThorSoc:
TSANZ members may apply to become a Fellow of the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand (FThorSoc) if they meet the following criteria and the application is endorsed by the TSANZ Board.
Applicants need to demonstrate exceptional contributions to 5 of the 7 criteria listed below. For the remaining 2 criteria, the applicant must demonstrate a proven track record.
The criteria are:
1. A continuous financial member of TSANZ for five consecutive years in Australia and/or New Zealand as well as a minimum of ten years post-specialist qualification
2. Contribution to advocacy and/or policy development
3. Service within the community
4. Distinguished leadership
5. Contribution to research
6. Contribution to teaching or training
7. International recognition in his or her discipline.
Application and Adjudication of Awarding of FThorSoc:
There is no fee charged for an application for the award of the FThorSoc.
In addition to the applicant details and CV, two professional references attesting to the applicant’s commitment to respiratory medicine and evidence of work and achievements in criteria a) to c) above are required.
All applications are strictly confidential.
Applications will be submitted to the TSANZ office and reviewed by the TSANZ Professional Standards Sub-Committee (PSS) of the Board.
If the decision of the committee is to grant the award, the Chair of the PSS will submit the nomination to the TSANZ Board for review and ratification.
Awarding of the FThorSoc:
- All FThorSoc to be awarded will be announced at the TSANZ Annual General Meeting (AGM) each year and published in the minutes of the AGM.
- A certificate will be mailed to the successful applicants after the AGM.
- Once a person has become a Fellow of TSANZ, the TSANZ membership fees will still need to be paid as per the member’s existing status e.g. Ordinary or Associate.
- Only Emeritus and Honorary members of TSANZ are not required to pay membership fees.
List of Fellows of The Thoracic Society Australia and New Zealand:
The following individuals have been nominated by their peers, recommended to the Board by the Professional Standards Sub-Committee and formally recognised by the Board for their exceptional contributions to respiratory health in Australia and New Zealand.