Fellow of Thoracic Society Australia New Zealand
Nominations for the 2021 year - now open!
Nomination Submission Deadline: Thursday, 14th January 2021
The TSANZ Board has made available a Fellow status for members who demonstrate exceptional contribution to the field of respiratory health in Australia or New Zealand. This opportunity is open to members of all professions. If the Fellow status is approved, the member will be able to use the post nominal FThorSoc and will be able to continue to do so whilst a financial member of TSANZ.
The aim of awarding Fellow status is:
- To recognise expertise and experience in respiratory medicine and/or research and/or respiratory health service provision;
- To acknowledge a major contribution and commitment to advancing respiratory health in Australia and/ or New Zealand.
Requirements for Awarding of FThorSoc
TSANZ members may apply to become a Fellow of the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand (FThorSoc) if they meet the following criteria and the application is endorsed by the TSANZ Board:
- A continuous financial member of TSANZ for five consecutive years in Australia and/or New Zealand as well as a minimum of ten years post-specialist qualification
- Contribution to advocacy and/or policy development
- Service within the community
- Distinguished leadership
- Contribution to research
- Contribution to teaching or training
- International recognition in his or her discipline.
Please Note: Applicants need to demonstrate exceptional contributions to 5 out of the 7 criteria listed above. For the remaining 2 criteria, the applicant must demonstrate a proven track record.
Application and Adjudication of FThorSoc Nominees
- There is no fee charged for an application for the award of the FThorSoc.
- In addition to the applicant details and CV, two professional references attesting to the applicant’s commitment to respiratory medicine and evidence of work and achievements in the criteria above are required.
- All applications are strictly confidential.
- Applications will be submitted to the TSANZ office and reviewed by the TSANZ Professional Standards Sub-Committee (PSS) of the Board.
- Deadlines will be strictly adhered to.
- If the decision of the committee is to grant the award, the Chair of the PSS will submit the nomination to the TSANZ Board for review and ratification.
Awarding of the FThorSoc
- All FThorSoc recipients will be announced at the TSANZ Annual General Meeting (AGM) each year, published in the minutes of the AGM and in the annual report.
- A certificate will be mailed to the successful applicants after the AGM.
- Once a person has become a Fellow of TSANZ, the TSANZ membership fees will still need to be paid as per the member’s existing status e.g. Ordinary or Associate.
- Only Emeritus and Honorary members of TSANZ are not required to pay membership fees.
* ONLY ELECTRONIC COPY is required – please submit the completed application form (in Microsoft Word or PDF format), two referees reports and your CV via the FThorSoc Submission Portal by Thursday, 14th January 2021.
The following individuals have been nominated by their peers, recommended to the Board by the Professional Standards Sub-Committee and formally recognised by the Board for their exceptional contributions to respiratory health in Australia and New Zealand.