Interventional Pulmonology and Respiratory Fellow
Published - 27th Jun 17
Macquarie University Health Sciences Centre (MQ Health) incorporates Macquarie University Hospital, Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital located on a University campus; the University’s newly created Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences; and Macquarie University Clinical Associates, a corporate entity created to engage clinicians in the tripartite scholarship of academic clinical practice, teaching and learning, and research and to deliver clinical services.
MQ Health builds on our aspiration to create integrated approaches to patient care, discovery and workforce preparation that are already well established within the United States, Europe and Asia. MQ Health brings together the excellent work of medical and allied health researchers across the University and around the country, with unparalleled access to the world-leading clinical resources and research facilities found only on our campus.
Macquarie University Clinical Associates (MUCA) is seeking an Interventional Pulmonology and Respiratory Fellow to provide clinical services for both respiratory inpatients and outpatients. The role has a significant interventional component and is ideal for a new fellow seeking to further their skills in interventional pulmonology (IP). Macquarie University Hospital is at the forefront of this new subspecialty and is a designated centre of excellence for IP.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be mentored and work alongside a team respiratory and sleep physicians and other specialists within the team
- Be exposed to a wide range of respiratory cases and procedures including both linear and radial EBUS, routine video bronchoscopies and develop skills in performing pleural procedures under the guidance of the clinical supervisor.
- Collaborate with groups across MQ Health to participate in research projects and clinical trial studies including a first in human project investigating the role of electroporation therapy in chronic bronchitis
- Supervise and train students, registrars and other Doctors in Training
- Contribute to educational activities with MQ Health
To be considered for this position, please visit http://jobs.mq.edu.au/ and search for the position under reference number 501104.
To be successful you will demonstrate the below requirements in your CV and a 1-2 page cover letter:
- Demonstrated experience in Respiratory Medicine, including highly developed clinical skills
- Demonstrated experience in Respiratory Procedures and Interventional Procedures with log book evidence
- Fellowship of the relevant specialist College or Faculty (FRACP), or close to completion or hold an equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated understanding of the patients’ perspective and ability to communicate key information to the patient and carers
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude for one or more of the following activities: supervision of students; or delivery of educational activities; or research
- Demonstrated high level understanding of the discipline including major international trends, recent developments and improvements
- A strong commitment to multidisciplinary approaches to clinical care and ability to work as part of a team
- Current registration as a medical practitioner in Australia (or ability to obtain – including English language requirements)
Note: This position requires you to comply with occupational screening, assessment and vaccinations in line with MQ Health requirements and requires a current and valid Working with Children Check Clearance for NSW. You may also have to satisfy MUCA that you meet all background checks (including criminal record and qualification checks).
Salary Package: An attractive salary package to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Appointment Type: Full-time for 12 months
General Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic at email@example.com
Specific Role Enquiries: Clinical Professor Alvin Ing on 02 9812 3709 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Monday, 24 July 2017 at 11:55pm EST
Macquarie University Clinical Associates is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Indigenous Australians; people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
|Organisation:||Macquarie University Clinical Associates|
|Contact Name:||Clinical Professor Alvin Ing|
|Contact Phone:||02 9812 3709|
|How to Apply:||Online at http://jobs.mq.edu.au and search for the position under reference number 501104.|