New in 2017
You can now elect to be a member of up to 17 of TSANZ's Special Interest Groups. (SIGs). As a SIG member you are part of a group of specialists furthering the development of new knowledge and practice in common disease areas, public health and research. TSANZ SIGs cover a range of topics within respiratory health and science.You can also stay connected with the other members of your SIG through the Clique Community.
TSANZ members now have the option of adding ERS membership when they renew their TSANZ membership. The additional cost for ERS membership is $32 and gives members access to the following benefits:
- Electronic access to the following journals: the European Respiratory Journal (ERJ) including ERS Congress Abstracts and proceedings supplements of the ERJ, European respiratory Review (ERR), Breathe and the Monograph
- Receipt of the ERS Weekly newsletter
- Possibility to order printed copies of the ERS publications at a special discounted price
- Discounted registration to the ERS International congress
- Opportunity to participate at the scientific program of the annual congress of the ERS
- Preferred access to ERS Educational Services online and Events
- Opportunity to participate and vote in the constitutional meetings of the ERS
- Opportunity to become a candidate for elections of ERS Assemblies up to Assembly Head
- Opportunity to become a candidate for elections of the Executive Committee up to ERS Presidency
- Opportunity to apply for the prestigious academic distinction of “Fellow of the ERS” (FERS)
Lung Foundation Australia is the only national charity acting as a first port of call for anyone affected by lung disease. TSANZ has partnered with LFA on the Lungs for Life research program. This year, when you renew your TSANZ membership you will have the opportunity to add on a LFA Clinical membership for $90.00, with $10.00 of your fee being directed to the Lungs for Life Research program. When you also join LFA you will receive:
- Receive a copy of the quarterly electronic E-LungNet News;
- Receive a copy of the bi-monthly Airwaves Clinical Update;
- Eligibility to apply for Research Awards sponsored by Lung Foundation Australia;
- Access to Members' discount on the biennial Australian Lung Cancer Conference delegate rate;
- Access to members' discount in the biennial Australian Rare Lung Disease Short Course;
- Eligibility to participate in any purchase discounts negotiated by Lung Foundation Australia on behalf of its members;
- Access to Discounted training offered by Lung Foundation Australia;
- Access to the online Membership discount program - "My Rewards";
- Eligibility to vote at Annual General Meetings of Lung Foundation Australia
TSANZ members with an interest in Interventional Pulmonology may wish to opt into WAPIB membership when they renew their TSANZ membership. The additional cost of $7.00 gives members access to the following benefits:
- Reduced registration fees for regional and national workshops and education seminars sponsored in part or in whole by the WABIP.
- Reduced journal subscription rates to Respirology, Respiration and the Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology.
- Email subscriptions to the official WABIP Newsletter and other educational resources.
- Reduced registration fee for WABIP’s biennial meeting, the World Congress of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology (WCBIP)
TSANZ is an affiliate with the Australian College of Nursing. As a result, TSANZ members are able to access reduced ACN membership rates (a saving of $72 per membership). ACN membership includes the following benefits:
- Access to ACN publications as well as the Katie Zepps Nursing Library, EBSCO and other nursing databases as well as the ACN Archives.
- Career development through access to one-one career coaching and the Life Long Learning Program.
- Access to high quality publications and complimentary online CPD courses;
- Discounts on graduate certificates, face-to-face CPD courses and The National Nursing Forum.
- Access to the Emerging Nurse Leader program
To take up the TSANZ-ACN discounted membership offer, please contact the ACN Membership Office with your TSANZ member number and payment receipt.
Continuing in 2017
- TSANZ members are automatically members of the APSR and will receive the APSR professional journal Respirology eight times per year.
- TSANZ members also have access to member registration rates at the APSR Congress. The 22nd Congress of the APSR will be hosted by the TSANZ and held in Sydney, from 23-26 November 2017.
- APSR members who are currently full members of the American Thoracic Society (ATS), are eligible for a 15% discount on their ATS standard full member fees.
For current members, click here to access the Respirology Journal online.
- TSANZ members who are also members of ANZSRS receive a 25% reduction in their TSANZ fees.
To take up the TSANZ-ANZSRS discounted membership offer, please contact the ANZSRS Membership Office with your TSANZ member number and payment receipt.
In addition to TSANZ monthly E-news and Research Roundup, the TSANZ also issues members' only communications to help keeping members informed of important news, events, resources and opportunities relevant to members.
Australia and NZ have branches that support the work of TSANZ on a local level. At least four meetings are held per year, including a branch Annual Scientific Meeting where research and clinical practice achievements can be shared. Awards to support research on a state level are also available in most branches. Some of these events are members only while others offer preferential or discounted access to TSANZ members.
Discounted registration to the TSANZ Annual Scientific Meeting
TSANZ has a range of research and career development awards available each year. TSANZ members can apply to access over $1million of research and career development funding opportunities through awards, grants and fellowships. Successful applicants are announced at the TSANZ Annual Scientific Meeting.
Current TSANZ Ordinary members who have retained uninterrupted TSANZ membership for five years have the opportunity to apply for the distinguished title of “Fellow of the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand” (FThorSoc).
Career development and networking