You can now elect to be a member of up to 18 of TSANZ's Special Interest Groups (SIGs) at no cost. As a SIG member you are part of a group of specialists furthering the development of new knowledge and practice in common disease areas, public health and research. TSANZ SIGs cover a range of topics within respiratory health and science.
TSANZ members now have the option of adding ERS membership when they renew their TSANZ membership. The additional cost for ERS membership is $35 and gives members access to the following benefits:
- Electronic access to the following journals: the European Respiratory Journal (ERJ) including ERS Congress Abstracts and proceedings supplements of the ERJ, European respiratory Review (ERR), Breathe and the Monograph
- Receipt of the ERS Weekly newsletter
- Possibility to order printed copies of the ERS publications at a special discounted price
- Discounted registration to the ERS International congress
- Opportunity to participate at the scientific program of the annual congress of the ERS
- Preferred access to ERS Educational Services online and Events
- Opportunity to participate and vote in the constitutional meetings of the ERS
- Opportunity to become a candidate for elections of ERS Assemblies up to Assembly Head
- Opportunity to become a candidate for elections of the Executive Committee up to ERS Presidency
- Opportunity to apply for the prestigious academic distinction of “Fellow of the ERS” (FERS)
Lung Foundation Australia is the only national charity acting as a first port of call for anyone affected by lung disease. TSANZ has partnered with LFA on the Lungs for Life research program. This year, when you renew your TSANZ membership you will have the opportunity to add on a LFA Clinical membership for $90.00, with $10.00 of your fee being directed to the Lungs for Life Research program. When you also join LFA you will receive:
- Receive a copy of the quarterly electronic E-LungNet News;
- Receive a copy of the bi-monthly Airwaves Clinical Update;
- Eligibility to apply for Research Awards sponsored by Lung Foundation Australia;
- Access to Members' discount on the biennial Australian Lung Cancer Conference delegate rate;
- Access to members' discount in the biennial Australian Rare Lung Disease Short Course;
- Eligibility to participate in any purchase discounts negotiated by Lung Foundation Australia on behalf of its members;
- Access to Discounted training offered by Lung Foundation Australia;
- Access to the online Membership discount program - "My Rewards";
- Eligibility to vote at Annual General Meetings of Lung Foundation Australia
TSANZ members with an interest in Interventional Pulmonology may wish to opt into WAPIB membership when they renew their TSANZ membership. The additional cost of $8.00 gives members access to the following benefits:
- Reduced registration fees for regional and national workshops and education seminars sponsored in part or in whole by the WABIP.
- Reduced journal subscription rates to Respiration and the Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology.
- Email subscriptions to the official WABIP Newsletter and other educational resources.
- Reduced registration fee for WABIP’s biennial meeting, the World Congress of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology (WCBIP)
- TSANZ members are automatically members of the APSR and receive free electronic access to the APSR professional journals Respirology and Respirology Case Reports.
- TSANZ members receive a 50% discount on the Article Publication Charge for Respirology Case Reports
- TSANZ members also have access to member registration rates at the APSR Congress. The 22nd Congress of the APSR will be hosted by the TSANZ and held in Sydney, from 23-26 November 2017.
- APSR members who are currently full members of the American Thoracic Society (ATS), are eligible for a 15% discount on their ATS standard full member fees.
For current members, CLICK HERE to access the Respirology Journal online.
- TSANZ members who are also members of ANZSRS receive a 25% reduction in their TSANZ fees.
To take up the TSANZ-ANZSRS discounted membership offer, please contact the ANZSRS Membership Office with your TSANZ member number and payment receipt.
In addition to TSANZ monthly E-news and Research Roundup, the TSANZ also issues members' only communications to help keeping members informed of important news, events, resources and opportunities relevant to members.
Australia and NZ have branches that support the work of TSANZ on a local level. Most TSANZ branches schedule a minimum of four meetings per year, including a branch Annual Scientific Meeting where research and clinical practice achievements can be shared. Awards to support research on a state level are also available in most branches. Some of these events are members only whilst others offer preferential or discounted access to TSANZ members.
Discounted registration to the TSANZ Annual Scientific Meeting
TSANZ has a range of research and career development awards available each year. TSANZ members can apply to access over $1million of research and career development funding opportunities through awards, grants and fellowships. Successful applicants are announced at the TSANZ Annual Scientific Meeting.
Current TSANZ Ordinary members who have retained uninterrupted TSANZ membership for five years have the opportunity to apply for the distinguished title of “Fellow of the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand” (FThorSoc).
Career development and networking
Anywhere Travel has been servicing TSANZ’s travel needs for more than 6 years. It is one of Australia’s largest independent Travel Management Company and is located in Sydney. The following benefits are available to TSANZ members through TSANZ's partnership with Anywhere Travel:
- Travel Insurance for at a discounted rate
- Reduced Qantas club membership – even for renewals
- Virtuoso Hotel Program. Anywhere Travel is a member of the Virtuoso Network with close to 1,000 hotel members. CLICK HERE to find out more about Virtuoso.
- American Express Hotel Program and reduced merchant rate
- Tailored touring, securing tickets to events and local tours
- Range of special fares with major airlines: Qantas, Emirates, Etihad, Singapore Airlines and others (in some cases the savings will be over 10% off a business class fare).
- Special Fares for Academics from USYD,UTS, UNSW, Macquarie and others
To access Anywhere Travel TSANZ member benefits, contact Anywhere Travel and quote your TSANZ membership number.
Anywhere Travel Head Office: 345 Anzac Parade, Kingsford NSW 2032, Sydney Australia
Phone: 1300 130 464 or +61 2 9663 0411
For all other enquiries, please contact the TSANZ Office: