TSANZ Boehringer Ingelheim New Zealand Lung Health Travel Award
This travel award is designed to reward, encourage and provide international exposure for Advanced Trainees in Respiratory Medicine, junior Respiratory Physicians, post-doctoral respiratory healthcare professionals, and Respiratory Researchers whose work focuses on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, bronchiectasis, and interstitial pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
The award consists of up to NZ $4000 plus GST to cover the recipient’s expenses (return airfare, registration, accommodation, living expenses) to attend and present an abstract at a relevant international respiratory conference, including: the American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP), the European Respiratory Society (ERS), Asian Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR), or the American Thoracic Society (ATS).
To be eligible for the award, the applicant must be:
1. A current member of the TSANZ,
2. A citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand, or have the requisite work or study visa and be endorsed by the Administering Institution,
3. A New Zealand-based health care professional or researcher,
4. Currently undertaking advanced training in Respiratory Medicine, or have completed training within the last five years of the closing date for this application, or
5. Have completed a research higher degree in the last five years of the closing date for this application.
6. Be submitting an abstract on COPD, asthma, bronchiectasis, or IPF based work as a presenting author for the TSANZ ASM, and
7. Available to attend the next meeting of the selected conference to present an abstract based on similar work to that presented at the TSANZ NZ ASM.
For more information and how to apply please see the TSANZSRS 2023 website at https://www.tsanzsrsasm.com/abstracts/tsanz-awards-criteria/