TSANZ NZ Branch ASM 2022 Travel Grant
These travel awards are made available to encourage TSANZ New Zealand (NZ) Branch members to enrich the NZ Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) through attendance at the meeting. There will be five awards of NZD750 to support the career development of TSANZ NZ Branch members who have not already received financial support for the NZ ASM 2022.
To be eligible for the award, the applicant must:
1. Be a current member of the TSANZ 
2. Be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand, or have a travel/study/work visa in Australia or New Zealand
3. Committed to respiratory medicine and active in the following areas:
a. demonstrates involvement in improving respiratory health outcomes, and
b. demonstrate leadership in the field of respiratory medicine, and
4. Have a demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with other health and science professionals.
 A Financial member of the TSANZ who has obtained the support of a proposer and seconder and has been endorsed by the TSANZ Board.
The following conditions apply to this award:
- The award must be used for the 2022 NZ Branch ASM.
- Eligible individuals may receive the TSANZ NZ ASM Travel Grant once every second year.
Applicants must submit their application via email to TSANZawards@thoracic.org.au. Your application should include:
- A letter addressing the eligibility criteria for this award (maximum one A4 page).
- A track record (maximum two A4 pages). Include any significant career disruptions supporting eligibility outside the listed criteria.
All text must be submitted on A4 pages with a 2cm margin to the top, bottom, left and right. Text must be single line spaced, with size 12 Times New Roman font. No columns are permitted.
Applications will be assessed by members of the NZ Branch Executive. Applications will be evaluated based on the benefit and career integration of attendance at the NZ Branch ASM and the applicant’s track record relative to opportunity.
Please direct enquires to TSANZawards@thoracic.org.au or contact the Awards Coordinator on +612 9222 6200.
To apply for this award please email your application to TSANZawards@thoracic.org.au before midnight 1st of August 2022
Please include in your application that you declare the below to be true:
- All information provided is true and correct.
- I have not been a full, or part-time employee of, or paid consultant to, nor do I have any real or perceived, direct or indirect links to the tobacco industry in the past five years.
TSANZ Privacy Statement. Personal information submitted as part of an award or fellowship application will be viewed by staff of the TSANZ and the application reviewers who are TSANZ members. After assessment, the application will be stored on the TSANZ server. To clarify how your information is stored or used by the TSANZ, please contact the Privacy Officer on +61 9222 6200.